View Single Post
Old 02-24-21, 04:33 PM   #14
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
One wonders if the ChiComs, having observed the Russian and motor out across the bridge, and the DamnedYankees make a muck of the Middle East generally, incl. Iran Iraq and Syria, & Yemen would even care to try their greedy hand ..."two outta three" having been bad. Our stabilizing skill was gone way back in 'Nam!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

That now the US had negotiated already with the Taleban about US withdrawel shows how successful the mission was! The Taleban cannot be reformed. A pro Wetsenr givernment will live without Wetsenr protection for as long, probaly shorter than ther pro-Sovjet government did aftere the Sovjets pulled out.

I have always called Afghansitan and Iraq 2003 strategic defeats of the US. And I stick to that. And worst: you never have had a chance to "win", becasue the Us potlicians as well as the European potlicians enver have really udnerstood what they are dealing with, and what Afghanistan is.
The hunt for Osama - understandable, and all the war associated with it. I would have done the same, thogzu differently. But i would have pulled out once that objecitve had been acchieved. It was the only clearly defined objective...
PRECISELY! it was Mr Bin Laden who once stated
Quote:
American soldiers are 'paper Tigers'...
...perhaps he wasn't far off the mark. and considerably kinder than "suckers and losers" as described by the Commander in Chief Trump!!??

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 02-24-21 at 04:45 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote