View Single Post
Old 06-19-13, 09:44 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the remark on Opera, I indeed took Mini it seems (redirected from Opera to Google's appstore, what is the use of this? It's free, why don't they allow downloading it from their own site? I realised that many if not all app releasers seem to practice like this, even if the app is free).

But reading Tom about Opera, it seems the browser is not a hit on mobiles anyway. I think I skip there.

Do you have a recomemndation for a good memory cleaner and in general a cleaning tool like described here?
http://www.mediabistro.com/appnewser...071#more-34071

And so far I am totally naked, I have no AV or firewall installed, since browsing on the issue led me nowhere so far. No advise about that, no-one?

I learned about the first letdown today, that is that android mobiles do not allow apps to get installed on an external memory card, and that that second card is just for data, not for apps. At least not without something they called "Rooting" a and a lot of magical mumbo-jumbo tech-wizard stuff getting done - I read some articles, and did not get any clue. So I will not do it. It is a big technical letdown, some people may order even 64 GB cards, kids who want to install games, and then they lose the money only to learned hat the 5x memory will be of no use to them.

The whole tech business displays a monumental amount of stupidity and ignorance on this "feature". Somebody should get spanked for that. Idiotic.

I choosed Infinite Painter as second app, beside Sketchbook Pro, and had a first glance. It's seems to be okay, the one app for drawing, the other more for painting. It is not Artrage 4 on PC - which I love, although my artistic talents really are rudimentary only, but it is a phantastic software - but at the PC I still go with a graphics tablet, no touchscreen monitor, while having that touchy thing with the tablet. That is a superbig bonus, it really is.

I read a lot with the ez PDF reader, both in day and night mode.
How people could claim the display with e-ink on Kindle and the like is better to the eyes, I cannot understand. I read in bed yesterday, almost two hours, and no stress to the eyes, just more clarity in letters' contours. Phantastic.

Think I will use this new toy for much, much more than just the originally intended purpose!

And to test the hardware, I got myself NFS Most Wanted. Just to see and then know. It runs super-smooth and shows how much performance reserves there are. Have not expected this, it indeed is fun for a short adrenaline rush in between. Got a free Pinball table as well, also with surprising graphics and handling, Zen-something.