View Single Post
Old 07-31-17, 03:56 PM   #4
Halcyon
Helmsman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Very cool. Have you looked into what it would require to adjust the color of every element on a station by adding in the red glow (except like the periscope view)? Knowing DW, it's probably a lot of work.
A lot of work is an understatement.
I had to individually edit 217 .bmp files to add the red hue.

You can't just edit the main panel and call it a day. You have to edit every state of every button and switch (on/off/up/down/left/right).
I could probably edit the main panel files to adjust specific light sources reflecting on various switches, but then I would have to find the individual button .bmp files and adjust the specific part of the button that the light would be hitting if I pasted it back into the main panel file.

Sound confusing? Because it is. And way more work then I will ever dream of doing.

I'm done with this mod. If someone else wants to take up the task of modifying 217 elements to match real life light refraction physics....be my guest!!!

PS

Btw, the original textures already did have shadows and coloring based on a light source above the panel. All I did was uniformly change the color and tone of the panel using a photoshop preset so everything would match.

Last edited by Halcyon; 07-31-17 at 04:28 PM.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote