View Single Post
Old 01-04-12, 02:07 PM   #323
Admiral_Stealth
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Jaxa you are right in what you say.
SH4 is excellent I agree and indeed a stronger more substantial sim than SH5, and SH5 more disappointing than was expected.

Added to your argument a generous amount of work on the SH4GWX mod is already done, and at present wasted. Indeed the task of finishing the SH4GWX mod is likely to be far simpler and more likely to succeed in a short timescale. Whereas an SH5 undertaking could last a long time, and require completely redesigning the sim.

However the potential of a first person type SH5 appeals, although in practice as presented it is very fiddly and interactions boring. How many of us couldnt get down that hatch from the bridge fast enough, indeed got stuck using the mouse to get into it! However well my missions went due to the game glitches I never got out of British waters!

I think the potential for that the game could be brilliant, and with more sub classes; but at present its a mess. And a lot of necessary tools available in SH3GWX just arnt there. The present limitations are so severe that I doubt its possible to take on a decent destroyer or group of them, or aircraft!!!!! and survive as can be achieved by a good captain in SH3GWX with skill.
One often has to listen to the sounds oneself to judge evasions, to have have the right information available; alas the separation of the periscope up the ladder from the sound sensor is so far....

OK better have an excellent SH4GWX mod please!
Admiral_Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote