View Single Post
Old 09-15-20, 04:42 PM   #236
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

The mod “U-Boot Kurs West” is well done and really improves the game. I esp liked the new German crew voices and better weather and sea..

I like the challenge of manual targeting and simulating some of the challenges faced by a WWI U-boat commander.. So I made a few mods/tools for that purpose. My goal is to find the targeting parameters (heading, range, speed etc..) myself and maneuver to a firing position

I needed to make a compass on the button bar that I could read bearings from. Also needed a reticle for the binoculars and periscope, and Torp Winkel (deflection angle) dial . Another goal is to reduce the targeting Info/parameters displayed automatically by the game and change or eliminate the map target icons altogether.

Mods made from Strategy-First version on 1920x1080 monitor.
Is anyone still interested in SOF? Should I keep working/posting these mods?

RE: Screenshot_1. The periscope needed a new reticle to approximately measure height and length of a target, give an idea of bearing changes, speed etc..

A method of estimating deflection angle from the periscope is desired too. On the periscope station panel itself, the torp Winkel’s dial graduations needed to be made clearer, and calibrated +/- 90 degrees .

I think knowing the exposure/height of the periscope is critical in this sim so I added a number scale to help track how far it was extended.

RE: Screenshot_2 Surfaced night attack using new binocular reticle-Uzo-like: I've been spotted by the enemy as it crosses the wire. It looks too late for him.
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote