View Single Post
Old 07-23-19, 05:38 AM   #5
glilley
Loader

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I'm modding campaign files in v0.90, so it is currently "v0.9x", or "0.90+" or whatever, but we are targeting a "Version 1.0a" release, which will mean that no further major changes to the base, and we'll start "authorizing" add-in mods that will work with the FotRSU mod. We were actually rather further along than what we are now, but three of the five "core" team members have had computer issues in the last couple of months, with two of us losing quite a bit of work. Me to a hard drive crash, another fellow had ISP data corruption, and the third, Rockin Robbins tried to put Windows on his Ubuntu computer... Hopefully, the other two fellows are all squared away now. I am still trying to rebuild mission files that were lost. The hard part is the testing. Thankfully, I didn't lose all of my research, and actually had that info on three different computers. For whatever reason, I did not have about 36-40 SpecOps missions backed-up... Thinking about it again is going to make me cry all over again... and be embarrassed again and laugh again maniacally but we're good
Can't thank you guys enough for all the time and hard work you put in to make these games better. I'm a retired IT Dir so I fully understand what you are going through! Non-IT folks can understand the hard work going into coding but almost NO ONE appreciates the even harder, more confusing and relatively unrewarding task of testing out your work so it works smoothly and won't crash everything around it! Thanks for your help. Gene
glilley is offline   Reply With Quote