View Single Post
Old 06-24-20, 10:19 AM   #4
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

I think I also would be interested in surface version of the mission but above all I would like to hear some tips on how to go about designing missions in DW. Lately, I read and re-read DW Scenario Building Manual and found the entire subject of Mission building in DW still fascinating as far as the scope and potential possibility hidden there.

Terms like Scripts and Doctrine Language and many others are pretty fascinating and I can see that original SONALYST designers really "went to town " by giving us quite a tool and RA folks really pushed this area of developing of those doctrines for ever new types of weapons and platforms and putting it to really good use. I do realize that Doctrine files are not precisely what Mission language is about but I think they are similar.

I was also watching FTPShazly rather short DW Mission Designer intro video and found it also interesting and helpful (perhaps we could have more than 1 video). Then subsequently I am planning to watch and rewatch p7p8 missions to learn from there as well.

So to sum up what I am blabbing here about is to suggest that this plan to make Operation Urgent Fury83 could be done in form of the blog or vlog of how one goes about with designing missions in DW. Could be perhaps really interesting if this could end up collaboration of the experts here and open discussion about solutions "how to" create believable missions and campaigns.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote