Thread: Subsim Truckers
View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 11:13 AM   #834
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

My mentor, neighbor and golf companion, a former third officer on cargo ships in WWII, was the head of General Electric Nuclear division worldwide in the 70's when I was trukkin'. His nine year project was to build the Cofrentes, Spain power plant. Because I spoke Spanish and drove; he almost drafted me for duty! http://www.cncofrentes.es/wcofrnts/gc/prod/en_US/prensa/docs/monografico-CNC-eng.pdf Hauling the cooling towers and nuclear core over the rugged mountains was amazing The stunning picture he had on the wall of his modest office in San Jose was an entire cooling tower on amazing array of flatbeds going up the pass! The facility, and nine other plants, will be closed by 2014 as Spain goes 'clean'. I sensibly stuck to delivering tomato paste into lower Manhattan pizza chains...and all 48 states.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-09-20 at 12:39 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote