View Single Post
Old 04-18-08, 04:49 PM   #571
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Hi skwasjer,

First of all thanks again by S3D!

I just should like to comments some issues about S3d that i noticed after one month of intense use of it.

1. The search function (for id on all files) donīt find any object id reference, what sometimes is crucial to the work. Seems that it only find main Ids/parent ids/3d models ids. So, this could be a simple useful addition to mod work.

2. The remap (clone function): it works well and in a enough way to clone things. It donīt "remap" object reference ids. It's understable that this could end in troubles sometimes...but frequently the objects are at the same file and after we use the remap function we will lose all itīs references. In the Water stream SH3 mod for example I use 54 objects references in the same .dat. I need to clone all this stuff for each different uboat...so this single absent feature (remap correctly the objects references that are in the same file) brings me a very huge manual work. This is only a example on how this could be very useful if implemented. If you can, open the 7c .dat from the Water stream mod and take a look on the more than 50 controllers and how each one refer (createobject) to an unique waterparticle that are at the botton of the same file and you will understand the amount of manual work that could be automatized by S3D.

Hopes that this could help you in make the S3D yet better.

Thanks in any advice!

Rubini.