View Single Post
Old 06-04-20, 11:59 AM   #2
tAKticool47
Bosun

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Hi there- big fan of our Submariners, thank you for your service brother.

So I never messed with LWAMI but have played with RA for years.

RA is both awesome and infuriating. RA really changes the game and adds awesomeness but is so biased to the Russians that sometimes you just throw your hands up and quit. I usually do this for months at a time, then come back, play for a few months etc. They have made it so biased- *all* the newest Russian platforms (ships, subs, aircraft, etc.) are in the game, and they're all fully-spec'd out to the best of the best. PLUS all the latest weapons. And of course they are also the best of the best.

Whereas, the US stuff is not only not even close, it's not even fair. I think the most recent RA had added the SM-2 Block IV for some platforms. Awesome lol...I think I read somewhere that there are less than 72 of the SM-2 Block IV in the US inventory (as of a couple years ago) and the IVa was cancelled in 2001. But we have had the SM-3 for BMD for a decade or more (and the game has modeled the Chinese ASBM DF-21, called the CSS-5, and it's literally invincible, definitely could use that SM-3 to intercept it...) and the SM-6 for very-long range AAW, ASuW, and even BMD ... and my point here is, to say, "well it's an old game, you can't expect things like SM-3s and SM-6s etc." -- well if the Russians have absolutely everything, it's not even close to fair.

The Russians have all the newest ships - Admiral Grigorovich and the even bigger Admiral Gorshkov-class frigates , all the subclasses of the Steregushchiy-class corvettes (Steregushchiy ,Soobrazitelnyy, Gremyashchiy, etc.) - and all of them have the latest offensive and defensive weaponry. So they can shoot down basically ANY offensive missiles, and nobody can shoot down their missiles. Once in a while for fun, I'll just build a mission and put all of the world's best AAW (Anti-Air Warfare) and Air-Defense Frigates, Destroyers, and Cruisers together (The Italian and French Horizon and FREMM classes, the UK Type-45, the German Saschen [the ONLY ONE IN THE GAME in the least bit comparable to the Russians, IMHO] , not to mention the Aegis-based Spanish F-100, the ROK Seojong the Great, the Japanese Kongo, PLUS the FLTs. I, II, and IIA Arleigh Burkes, PLUS sometimes other stuff added in...) and watch the Russians merck them all mercilously.

The Kirov-class CGN Battlecruiser is basically the USS Enterprise from Star Trek.

The Yasen-class SSGN submarine is basically the USS Defiant, an underwater Destroyer that can cloak, can't detect it, but wouldn't help you if you COULD, it's going to sling 40 missiles at you that you can't shoot down and they are going to kill you until you're dead because screw you, that's why.

and I understand that it's extremely hard to add new platforms, apparently *very* difficult. And they can't do certain things, so they can't make (for example) an Arleigh Burke playable because they can't adjust certain weapons and equipment settings even if they wanted to - so I get that - but when you compare the balance of the entire "balance", it's ridiculous.

Aircraft- Russia has their top-end everything (SU-57, "near-space-plane- MiG-31 can just about orbit the earth at ICBM speeds, every big-time bomber like the Backfire and the Blackjack, playable Bear-Foxtrot, etc.) - America has impotent fighters, (F-14s have never scored a kill with the AIM-54 , only the most capable AAM in the entire Cold War time-period...) the F-117 and F-22 are basically insta-deaths (useless) , no B-1s or B-2s or B-52s etc. No modern weaponry or electronics etc.

No new surface platforms like the Zumwalt, LCS, etc. The CG-47s and DDG-51s are nowhere near their "true" potential. I've even played with the Iowa-class a few times. ONE SHELL from an Iowa 16" gun would sink ANY SHIP IN THE GAME in reality ... in the game, it's like 11% damage maybe IF they hit something.

I would have NO PROBLEM if it was like, "Look it's a Cold War game, that's it..." except it's not, it's like The Empire Strikes Back And The Jedi Aren't Allowed To Use The Force.

Other than that, yeah man, it's a blast!
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote