View Single Post
Old 09-10-12, 04:33 AM   #45
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post

One question tho. Why wouldn't moral increase if your men are doing what they'e supposed to do..... fight the war? I'd think moral would decrease if they just sat around with nothing to do.

Starting a fresh brand new campaign is a PITA. But seeing that it will work advancing to the next campaign section is good. I'll go for that... cause I ain't startin from scratch again for a long long time. I've reinsatalled SH5 at least 9 times in the last 3 months.
Hi! Good points, let me try to explain the decisions...

Yep, I took out the morale boost if you sink ships. The reason is that in the average patrol you migh sink 7-10 ships or even more. Every sunk ship gave you one point of morale back which is about 1/10. So basically your morale would be at max in almost every patrol. The increase was just too big. And the game doesn't take any difference if you sunk a fishing boat or a huge tanker, morale will increase just the same.

I would love to reduce that value instead of taking it out completely, but the game understands only full numbers in these cases! So 0,1,2 etc. One more point is that this mod tries to simulate the crew efficiency loss too and not just morale. So even if you are succesful, there is a limit that the human body can do. But I have thought that when you complete your goal, the morale boost could be increased to 2 instead of one.

As far as I know, this mod will function even without the restart of the campaign. At first I thought you needed to restart because the campaign dialogue changes, but it doesn't seem to be so. Only the starting skills are a bit different (you get one point to some of them automaticly). So basically it should work.

I would really like to hear what kind of morale values people have had when they return to port (and how long that patrol was). That way the mod could be improved further.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote