View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 09:08 AM   #1
Boarspear2061
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default Merchant & warship critical areas/systems diagrams?

Hallo all,

I have started on a GWX/OneAlex grand campaign after a long time away from the game, and have been trying to obey prize rules as best I can in the very early war so far. After warning shots, I've been trying to disable hostile merchants with the gun to drop their speed so that I could allow a notional half-hour or so for inspection/evacuation and then sink her with torps.

However, my series of gunshots to the boiler/engine rooms have repeatedly led to out-of-control fires on the merchant, leading to boiler explosions within minutes. I recall seeing a PDF on here showing critical damage locations for (I think) GWX ships years ago, and I think it's Jimbuna's old shipchart.pdf, but I can't find a good link for that anywhere.

Does anyone happen to have that or similar resources, and/or good targeting advice for damaging merchants enough to substantially slow them while minimizing the risk of catastrophic fires/explosions?

EDIT:
I had forgotten my other more general question: is there a good central location for SH3 resources these days a la the old Silent Hunter 3 Community Guide?

Last edited by Boarspear2061; 09-28-22 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Forgot part of question
Boarspear2061 is offline   Reply With Quote