Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am not sure... - I just had that info too... But, what I do have is
Windows 10 Home
version 1909
build 18363.778
... and while in the middle of logging-in to SubSim, I hit the 12% mark on the battery, so naturally, the beast shut-down on me at 10... what thuh? 10% of battery is enough for another 30 minutes, unless I fire SH4 up... do the computers come with fuel injectors now, that they are worried you'll burn up if they breath air when you run out of fuel?...

Anyway, I did manage to get going on one new SH3 install and a copy finally. I had to uninstall all four of my Steam games, and the Steam app, delete the left-over folders and files, re-boot the computer, then re-install, just to get an SH3 install going. Funny thing is, my SH3 install was missing - completely missing - the Main.cfg file... good thing I know what's in them, and happened to have one handy (you need an extra for SH3). I have not tried to mod my working copy yet... SH5 is ~still~ downloading, so I still have to deal with not only Steam with it, but also UPlay and the update and getting logged-in and then turning off the online.

In the meantime, files are disappearing elsewhere on the computer also, and I had to get "permission" to copy the main.cfg file into the My Documents folder. This is ~after~ I reduced the UAC influence. At least the firewall "sees" Steam and the games now, and they do have permissions. Scary thing is, there is a "Cumulative Update" for 1909 sitting in the wings, waiting to change all of my settings again... sigh. Windows Home sux.

Thankfully, I do have a disk version of SH4 also, XenonSurf

The irritating part of this is that I was doing a new copy of SH3 to "document" what I do for another SubSim member, to show them how to make a copy for modding, and I not only eventually lost all four of my modded SH3 copies, but my "clean" game also... and in the middle of it all, two Windows update sessions that I should have delayed... lol
Windows Home is the culprit I'd wager. Home edition restricts what the user can do so much it's ridiculous. It's like it was made for grandma Ethel getting her first computer.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote