Old 11-22-20, 11:50 PM   #761
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Question... part deux...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
We tried the American way of upgrade but didn’t work with OM.
Dang... *sighs*

Ahh well ell... A shame that the dev team, didn't use a set up that was the same for each side but with set parameters as I was thinking of... U.S progression based on tonnage & on the KM side, with length of service instead of tonnage.. or maybe reversed instead... U.S. side, length of service... KM side, tonnage sank/sunk...

Thanks Fifi... was worth a shot... never hurts to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
surprizing as it may seem, there seem to be multiple code sets in SH4, one for the Germans (evolution of SH3) and one the US.

if you play both sides you will notice some fundamental differences.
some things work differently.
Fifi's DW team tried very hard to set-right some of the things that were different between the German side and US side but we could not figure out some things. so, we reached a point where we were satisfied and started playing again (vs modding, fixing, etc).

when i decide to play DW (as i am at the moment), i decide which of the eight theatres i want to play in and/or which boat (8 or 10 boats) i want to drive and go do that.
that's different from the US side but hey, you're looking for diversion, right?

With regards to figuring things out, can understand that.. after a fashion. I used to do some minor coding way... way back in the days of simpler coding, that even back then... if you mis typed any segment of the code.. any # of things could either go wrong or end up with wild, crazy end results... some unexpectedly good or horribly wrong... ending up with having to go back & find where the mess up occurred... usually with hair tearing results...

I know that isn't the same, but in a way, it is... a goof up with any of it, invariably ends up with trying to figure out the error & having to repair the damage... the more things change, the more some aspects stay the same.

All in all, I enjoy rolling about as a Uboat skipper, a U.S skipper, a RN one... & added to that list now, a soviet one. Still awaiting the opportunity to do so as a IJN one... when ( & if...) that ever gets to a stage of being released...

Don't misunderstand.. I have a lot of respect for modders... & don't mind being a guinea pig, if it is in the pursuit of helping to further the betterment of SH, be it SH3, SH4 or even SH5...

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 11-23-20 at 10:01 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote