View Single Post
Old 01-17-21, 04:34 PM   #798
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
That's really good find kapuhy, thank you. I'm actually quite amazed how we could miss that aftwr all those years. I'm far away from my modding computer now but as soon as I get back home in two weeks or so, I'll test and fix this...
You're welcome

I had some time on my hands today so I repeated the test with other DD's and now I'm 100% sure it is as I suspected: every DD without R01 or R02 node simply ignored my surfaced U-Boat at 1 km range, while every DD with R01 bone in their files put in the same scenario, instantly turned on searchlights and beelined straight towards U-Boat (plus I got the radar warning).

Ships that need to be fixed:
- NDD A&B
- NDD Clemson
- NDD Keith
- NDD V&W
- NDD Buckley
- NDD Evarts
- NFF Black Swan

I was wrong about NDD Rocket though, this one does have R01 bone and does use radar.

EDIT: Turns out you don't even have to rename bones - I just remapped radars from R01 to C01 node in NDD Keith, and they started to work (C01 actually is present in its gr2 file, and currently it's not used for anything). Of course, if radar bone position matters for things like range etc, it would be better to edit gr2 files after all to have the relevant bone in correct position, but for a quick fix editing .sns files works too.

Last edited by kapuhy; 01-17-21 at 05:08 PM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote