View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 01:42 PM   #6
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

@Tbear and Chrysanthos:

Thanks for trying it out.

Yes, you can NOT do supply or agent insertion missions, it CTDs. A couple yrs ago, someone gave me the solution, but it didn't work. The boat was launched ok but it CTD on returning to port. I don't know the problem, maybe one of the 'real' ship builders have an answer. It should work since this ship is basically converted to a sub.

Hmmmm You both stated you get damage to main guns. In all my testing I never had a main turret go down. I did not change the zones on them, they are stock, I will have to check that out.

As for damage it was a playability problem. The armor was so thick that merchants and DDs 5 inch guns could not penatrate it, so you never got damage. I set it to the high end of the ability of a 5 inch shell, and assumed you would not engage Heavy cruisers and BBs up close, so it would work. Maybe the wrong idea. I wanted to create some damage from convoys so you would have to rethink you strategy.

I also set the hull damage hitpoints way too high, just because I felt they were set for a single damage to a subs pressure hull was doom!! I didn't want that to happen every single mission you went on with a Heavy cruiser. Again just a playability decision not a realistic decision.

Tbear, I just checked since I never use them and the AA guns DO have sound, so other mod may be affecting that. I ran stock game, no mods.

I did not change the info given for the torpedo. I got conflicting info but used the Wiki speed and distance of 52 knots and 22,000m. But found firing a torpedo from the starboard side at a ship on the port side, it would turn before it passed the bow of the ship at high speed. And since they are fired forward and not at a 90 degree angle as in real life, I changed the speed to 62knots and it seems to get by the ship ok.

Tbear, for more crew do you mean in the crewmangement screen or walking around on deck? The ones walking on deck I didn't increase since you can't see most of them, and adding crew to the mangement screen was just a decision based on time (I have very little of it to spare)

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote