View Single Post
Old 03-06-10, 06:44 AM   #2273
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by guczy View Post
Is there maybe a video tutorial for the KIUB? Im also having a hard time with it + my native language isnt english but really want to learn how to use it, and a vid would help immensly.
I too would like to see a vid. I would've made one myself but even though I write well in english, when I actually speak it, you wouldn't be able to understand me . I'd rather not make a fool of myself on youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post

There is sometimes a mismatch between mission grid numbers and the "binocular" icon on the navigation map. Not sure if its a spelling error on the mission orders but a couple times ive really not know exactly where i need to carry out my patrol.

Im not too keen on the new attack periscope. It seems to have been made to look very complicated when in fact its quite easy to use once one knows what the German labels mean. However the way all the dials have been applied onto one panel in the pericope view just seems like its been thrown together to give the appearance of complex "reality.
Just go to the objective Icon and ignore the grid in your mission orders.
THere are now english labels for the attack periscope screen. And I didn't want it to appear as "complex" or enigmatic, I wanted to put all the dials you actually need in one screen (there 3 more dials which I didn't put because of lack of space). Actually, except for the Salvo and FAT dials which I personally never use (but I would've received cries about why I didn't make them), I use all the dials and elements in each attack. The actual layout was tested and retested to make it as ergonomic as possible. It does require a bit of understanding and it's definitely not suited for Automatic Targeting users(not that it breaks it, but it's just too complex).

If you don't like it, just use the Obs Scope since it's exactly the same in all matters as the original attack periscope and there's no detection penalty for using it.

BTW, you guys DID read the doc files on the Kiub thread right? They're linked in the first post. Just click my sig to go there.

Last edited by karamazovnew; 03-06-10 at 07:04 AM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote