Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 02-14-21, 01:21 PM   #873
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Assistance in getting running...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschilla View Post
Understood, M/M. There is a library directory in data and that is what I thought you meant. I'll check it out!

I will say that I have implemented the suggestions on the options and other things that people have suggested and late last night I was able to start a simple career with the realism options turned down and sail around for a while.

In April of 1940, sent my boat through the English Channel from Wilhelmshaven towards Dover and only ran across one small warship and one Blenheim light bomber. Fairly light activity considering they had been at war for 9 months by then!

I'll see what today brings but I do want to express my appreciation to everyone who has been so helpful to a Newbie!
Ahoy, rschilla...

No sweat & hopefully with all that info, were successful in getting rolling on skippering a uboat...

From your last post, am going to say that would be a yes...

Yeah, am gonna go with KaleunMarco on the suggestion of avoidance of travel through the English channel.

In the 1st... preceding 3-4 months... can skirt through there... but after that.. I would NOT recommend further travel through there. Not sure of the exact timing of it, but... between the English & the French.. before they were blitzkreiged into the Reichmarche (think I got that spelled right... basically, swallowed up by Germany, so as to make it where they had more access to the Atlantic & not have to sail 1/2 way round to engage in the war.. ) the channel got mined & with them knowing just where they had them placed. When France got swallowed up, by Germany.. the Brits, planted a ton of them further out to replace what the French had dropped prior to their 'capture' as it were, by Germany.

Any way, main point is.. forgo travel through the channel.. if you want to keep your uboat & not end up a casualty early on in the war...

As always...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde

M. M.