View Single Post
Old 05-05-22, 07:27 PM   #11
VonHoffman
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

I'd say hell yes it's fun!

Even crewing by yourself is a lot of fun. I just fire up in training mode and play around with the boat's systems, trying to improve my solo operation and diving/surfacing operations and maintaining depth.

With two of you, you need to start splitting duties. One guy needs to be on a scope giving target information and the other guy needs to be checking depth, trim, speed, heading, and the hydrophone when submerged, and dialing in firing parameters when attacking.

When on the surface or below the surface but not attacking, one of you can sit on the hydrophone listening for contacts and the other can maintain depth, speed and course.

I suggest you get familiar with all the station positions as well as how to navigate. The plotting table is not for fun but is a serious piece of equipment if you want to really be out at sea for several hours.

It requires some discipline to operate effectively, but once you get comfortable with the operation of the boat, it is quite an achievement to run an intercept and attack.
VonHoffman is offline   Reply With Quote