View Single Post
Old 03-15-21, 10:09 AM   #4110
tarkalak
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Hello All,

Have anyone managed to install this patch on a Ubisoft Connect (Uplay) installed game?

I am on Ubuntu 20.04 and installed Ubisoft Connect and Silent Hunter 3 with Lutris. I am able to run the unmodded game and also to install mods that doesn't change the sh3.exe file. I can run .exe files in the same prefix, so I can run SHCommander and JSGME.

If anyone has a solution for Windows I should be able to figure it out on lutris myself.

However when I tried to install the h.sie hardcoded patch, it fails.
I did delete everything, reinstall and tried on a fresh install.

h.sie complains that the exe isn't compatible.

I went down to check the version and found out that the sh3.exe file doesn't have a version and seems to be changed. The sh3_g.exe file seems to be the real exe, and it does launch the game.

I renamed sh3_g.exe to sh3.exe, but this still tells me the version is incompatible. The version of the Uplay installed sh3_g.exe is 1.4.0.1 which means it is the latest 1.4b patch.

I also tried the SH3-VersionCheck-2015.exe on the Uplay sh3.exe (finds nothing) and on the renamed sh3_g.exe (prints lots of versions and stuff, but says h.sie is incompatible).

Have anyone had any luck with the Uplay Silent Hunter 3?
Or I should get the steam version instead. I have googled this thoroughly but there is no information about the uplay version of Silent Hunter 3.

Best Regards,
tarkalak
tarkalak is offline   Reply With Quote