View Single Post
Old 05-12-22, 06:17 PM   #3653
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
^ avoid motorcycles ? Nevah !!!!! The biggest fear we motorcyclists have are these silly little twits who can't keep their hands off of their phones while driving. Texting kills.

Life's pleasures. Motorcycles, a good cigar and a good bottle of Cognac. A good lady to share the motorcycles and cognac with are equally good too.
I think it's a great idea if older motorcyclists periodically take motorcycle safety courses, regularly. The idea is to not only not take stupid chances but train yourself to deal with the unexpected and train yourself to continually look for escape routes while driving.
Keep the Cigar and the Cognac; but lose that big motorcycle Momma Logging 3 straight years 355+ daze-a-year on the Hwys. of 'Merika in the 70's on a sleeper team for Midwestern Distribution, Fort Scott; with two more intra-state and local; I noted that the ignorance of my just-outta-driving-school codriver and crazy drivers everywhere would be the main issue as "the leading cause of death is other people"... even before cell phones.. I was the driver sent out to handle company wrecks throughout N. Amerika, salvage cargo and make the arrangement for the deceased driver(s). An eighteen wheeler is essentially a huge 80,000 lb motorcycle: ie high & narrow; one wheel group set in front; and one set way in back back. In either case, big or small, gravity, speed, stupidity and #1 cause: falling asleep at the wheel are the cause of disaster.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-12-22 at 06:45 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote