View Single Post
Old 10-04-22, 09:49 AM   #7007
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Fortunately, or unfortunately, there is a LOT of political and economic hay to be made.

There are countries more than ready to sell energy (Oil, gas, petroleum, nuke power, etc.) to Europe.

That old imitative for Russia to develop the Artic for global trade sounds (now) like its wasted money.
Often overlooked. Not only gas but also nuclear fuel by Russian state company Rossatom is not being sanctioned, and Europe depends on it, in this case: especially France. This needs not to be, there would be other options to get nuclear fuel from another seller than Russia. Even Germany could be self-supplying!
The oil we buy from India and maybe also a bit from China (dont know the latter), is oil these countries bought from Russia cheaply, and then sell to us with a great profit bonus and in defiance of the sanctions on Russian oil. Turkey and I think it was South Africa also stockpile huge ammounts for later use or sales.

Also, Greek ship owners allow Russian tankers to pump thetr oil onto greek tankers at high sea. Nice play, Greece. Greece loyalty to NATO in case of a war with Russia always has been in doubt for me. Do not forget that both are orthodox Christian, and now look at the big role of orthodox Church in Russian politics. Even the Catholic pope, by economic ideas a real communist, took six month before he stopped calling patriarch Kyrill a sgood Chrostain and at one opporutnity then publicly quesitoned his role in this war - cautiously. The chriuches since two millenia always have massively interferred with politics, for the sake of their own power and profit hunger, and they have agreed to so many wars of aggressiopn and for the sake of supressing others. like Kyrill does today.

No saints such saints are, but diabolic bastards. Sometimes I regret I do not believe in all this fantasy stuff, else I could wish them to burn in hell.