View Single Post
Old 10-30-22, 11:04 AM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by l02turner View Post
I was recently on a single mission near the Philippines and had sunk a BB and was then attacked and damaged by 2 DD's. I lost the main Pump and suffered bulkhead damage and was taking on water. I had gone deep to escape and they kept making runs across me. I was at 350 and gaining depth too quickly for comfort!!

I was at 550' last I looked, and had hit emergency blow with the engines at 1/2 speed. I was hoping I could level off and try to sink the BB that was stationary not far away. But I lost steerage and could do nothing to stop going deeper.

Any ideas?? Are there anything than can be done to stop continuing to dive? Yes, I know it's a dumb question but I was hoping;
yes, you were in a bad situation.
desperate times call for desperate measures.
the following procedure was performed by experts under extreme conditions. do not attempt to do this at home.

when faced with the conditions you describe above, in addition to performing and emergency blow, try backing your engines, flank speed, or whatever your highest backing speed is, on your engine order telegraph.
this may bring you out of your dive and allow you to save your boat and its valiant crew.

good luck, Herr Kaleun.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote