View Single Post
Old 05-27-20, 10:26 AM   #1119
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheedliang View Post
Am I the only one getting the impression that this version 1.1 has more tendency to CTD when loading saves compared with earlier yet not necessarliy leaner version say 1.004?
Sorry, but I have to report that of many 10's of saves over one and one-half careers I have never had a save file fail to reload in Version 1.1. Part of that may be my rig, in that it has plenty of SSD storage and a fast CPU, but it may also be technique.

I use a process that came out of SH3, one that many have labeled pure superstition, but who can argue with success? My method is to go to the control room and save from there. It matters not whether I am surfaced or submerged, or within far or near contact with the enemy, or within or outside an enemy port. If have just come out of TC, I give it a few seconds to stabilize before saving. Then I always wait about 10 seconds or more after hitting the save button, even though the game says the save was successful. I then wait a few more seconds before hitting resume or exit. The wait time is to give my system a chance to dot all its I's and cross all the T's.

I don't feel the need to save outside of my own port, so I haven't tried that. But if I did, I would stay about 60 NM away to prevent a problem with ships running aground, etc. on the reload. That is an old problem that seems to be cured by the 60 NM limit.

Otherwise, for me at least, the save-reload process is working perfectly. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have done a lot saves and reloads in v1.1 with no failures.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote