View Single Post
Old 04-19-21, 02:28 PM   #51
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I got this sneaking suspicion even after withdrawing declared troops. Europe will be similarly involved in Afghanistan. I could be wrong, but I bet Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit will still be there. Heck, maybe British G4S Global will even provide for its security.

Nobody, not even Europe or Germany is going to just roll over and give up gained ground. Its not how the military industrial complex works.

No, cannot see the GIZ staying all alone there. They are not bulletproof. And just 40+ people from Germany. And I take it for certain that the Taleban will take over the country sooner or later. And then the calender gets moved back by some centuries again.

If NGO stay there without mandate by the government, its their show then. And the Germans, when they were there, could not even evacuuate their wounded without American medivac, and had no air miblity, and needed Russian and Ukrainian support and other former sovjet repoublics support to get their supplies and troops shuttled in and out.

What the heck has such a depending army to do there...?? After 20 years, I still have not gotten it. Thats as if I wanna go spear-fishing, but cannot swim, have no spear, no mask, the doc told me not to go deeper than 1 m, and I am afraid of water.