View Single Post
Old 03-04-16, 09:35 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Sloops and ketches and clippers! oh my!

A nomination Category: Thread of the year-since it can't be won by previous winners; MEMBER: CaptainRamius: 'Beautiful Sailing Ships' Thread and link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=223068
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRamius
The Age of Sail is long over, but sailing ships still remain beautiful in their own way. The way the bow breaks over the waves and the ensign flying at the stern, it makes my heart melt.
Who else thinks that sailing ships are beautiful, even when compared to today's yachts?
Reason: That thread, eminently naval in subject matter really brought a lot of guys outta the cyber-woodwork!!! We've got a lot of sailboat fanatics! Besides 'usual suspects': Jimbuna, Sailor Steve, Gargamel, AVGWarhawk, Catfish, nikimcbee & myself; There's Bertieck476 patrolling the Channel in an 1897 restored 40' oyster dredger! (best pics imho ) just OUTSTANDING! The variety of ships was astounding! @ ADMIN:
Quote:
Threads and posts nominated should have begun in 2016.
The last two thread winners weren't started in the year they won-precedent-wise; This thread only started a month before the years' end.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-04-16 at 09:51 PM.