Old 05-19-11, 05:12 AM   #38
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Its certainly one of the smallest,

I belive Android is the most common / popular Smart phone O.S because its free for any manufacturer to use. Googles market share is VERY closley followed by Apple and Symbian in second and third place. (though latter is now firmly on the way out)
There are still much more iOS devices out there because of the iPod touch, usually they count only iPhones & Android phones for market share comparisons of smart phones.

Quote:
That all said Apple tends to be first stop for mobile games development for a several of reasons.
1) Apple has the biggest and most well established marketplace with the highest turnover for Apps.
In march they sold 10 times more on the (iOS) App Store than on all android stores together.

Quote:
2) It also offers the most developer friendly platform, (not so many different handsets & configurations to worry about)
This is the most important point why android will come later.
After iOS and even after Mac/PC because when I finished the iOS version then I can't wait to use all of the power of Mac/PC. Another point is that I first need to make some money with WOTA to buy an Android device & unity android license.

Quote:
3) Its the least prone to piracy, The majority of Apple users being the way they are - tend to be somewhat afraid of Jail breaking their preciouse device. (and voiding the warrenty)
Piracy is also a huge problem on iOS, some other developers say 95% of their "home calls" come from illegal installations. Each update of my two Apps got cracked within days. I sell 1-5 copies a day worldwide.
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote