View Single Post
Old 05-19-11, 04:38 AM   #37
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkirion View Post
Why do Windows phone users always get passed over for games? Is it really that small a market?

Its certainly one of the smallest,
I belive Android is the most common / popular Smart phone O.S because its free for any manufacturer to use. Googles market share is VERY closley followed by Apple and Symbian in second and third place. (though latter is now firmly on the way out)
I think the MS market share comes in after that.....but it will likley over take symbian in the not to distant future.

That all said Apple tends to be first stop for mobile games development for several of reasons.
1) Apple has the biggest and most well established marketplace with the highest turnover for Apps.
2) It also offers the most developer friendly platform, (not so many different handsets & configurations to worry about)
3) Its the least prone to piracy, The majority of Apple users being the way they are - tend to be somewhat afraid of 'Jail breaking' their preciouse device in fear of messing it up and voiding the warrenty.

I have an Iphone - but its a love / hate relationship
If I wasn't now involved in Iphone games develpment myself, I would quite possibly trade it in for an Android device.
In terms of hardware, flexibilty and Value for money, Android Handsets are clearly superior to the IPhone.

And dont get me started on the Ipad... it maybe the future of netbooks tablet PCs - but all i can say is you wont catch me brandishing one

Last edited by JU_88; 05-19-11 at 05:09 AM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote