View Single Post
Old 12-15-21, 11:20 AM   #417
Sam.Willow
A Steam Engine Engineer

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
Ahhh. But...did I miss that fact somewhere? As I recall from before one merely was presented with the new model as one of the Submarine "upgrades"...Battery, Electronics, Torpedoes, Insignia, Weapons etc...and expended Renown to purchase the upgrade. Do I understand that is no longer true?
Archive1
Renown is a useless and cumbersome part of these simulations. In the real world Kapitans did not need to buy anything for their submarines.

If you are using LSH3 you will also have LSH3-2020-Commander. You can edit nearly everything in the game including your renown to whatever value you want and the submarine availability dates. Enable the Tips to learn many interesting tweaks possible in game. [Want to use nuclear torpedos or enemy planes drop dud bombs and have no gun ammo?]

Just read the instructions at the top of the .cfg files then save your edited file(s) and restart your game. It should go without saying that for your edits to be used you must use Commander to start the game.

Always completely exit the game before starting a new mission. These are instructions from the LSH3 devs. Also I have found that is is VERY important to enable the "Rollback feature of LSH3-2020-Commander. Doing so has prevented many unusual bugs and events that I encountered while playing the game.

I do NOT recommend playing SH3 without do so using the LSH3 Super Mod.

Last edited by Sam.Willow; 12-17-21 at 05:31 PM.
Sam.Willow is offline   Reply With Quote