Old 12-14-21, 12:31 AM   #412
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
d@rk51d3:
Ok, where does this leave us? Are you saying I abandon my prolonged career and go to the "Training" site to get a new sub after 11 missions? Does that make sense?
Or do I abandon my 11 patrol persona and start a whole new, virginal Kapitan to start all over at the training site to get a new sub?
Guys, this makes no sense whatsoever.
Whatever happened to the original upgrade to the next type of sub? Otherwise what exactly is 'renown' useful for? Just a new deck gun, or insignia?
C'mon.
Someone needs to explain this.
-=Archive1=-
What Month/Year are you trying to get the VIIc

From my experience.........

I have never been able to change boats in the operational flotillas.
I can only get new subs when they become "historically" available, and only by transferring to the training flotilla. (starts off in Danzig from memory, changes to Kiel later on)
It doesn't abandon your career. You just transfer in, pick a new sub if there are any available, fit it out, then usually transfer straight away back to another flotilla again using the telephone. (occasionally I've had to run a patrol or 2 afterwards..... head east to Leningrad, and usually find a few cruisers in harbour.)

Boat upgrades can be done at your regular base, but new subs are only at Danzig or later at Kiel. Could be other bases earlier, but I didn't work it out untill about mid-war.

Last edited by d@rk51d3; 12-14-21 at 03:16 AM.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote