View Single Post
Old 09-11-07, 11:08 AM   #20
CptGrayWolf
Commander

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keln
I used to have this game a long long time ago, I had all the Aces games. Then I lost them somwhere. Well I bought them all again some years back and never was able to get them running on ME or XP

So I saw the dosbox thing earlier today and decided to try that on AOD. That D-Fend thing is nowhere to be found. I downloaded one called dbfrontend, but it's confusing. So I kind of manually made dosbox work, and I can get the game running, but no sound, and I cannot get the screen bigger than about half-screen size. I can get the dosbox window to go full screen and all, but it's just a big black area with a little game inside, and no sound. I run the sound settings deal inside dosbox, and I can hear the sounds from the sound test, but nothing in the game itself.

I could probably get used to the screen size after a while, but the squinting may give me a headache. The sound though is really annoying...absolute silence. While it was always pretty quiet on the sub I was on, it was never that quiet...

Any ideas?
Use the D.O.G. frontend. http://www.freewebs.com/erikgg/

Thomas Voltz, U-93 VIIc, Aug 1940, at sea patrol 1
GWX3 Gold, 100%
CptGrayWolf is offline   Reply With Quote