View Single Post
Old 04-17-09, 10:35 PM   #59
Socialmisfit
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot-kill-win View Post
Do not forget about the U.S.S. Batfish, or the Razorback, both Balao class boats, that are still around for the public to see. Razorback has undergone the guppy conversion though. Batfish is still in WWII condition minus her deck gun. It seems as though Batfish is a lesser known submarine, even though it holds a very significant record: sinking 3 Japanese submarines within 76 hours, a record still held to this day.

To find out more info on the Batfish and all other museums boats, visit http://www.submarinemuseums.org

I live about 50 miles from the Batfish's current berth. I've only had the opprotunity to stop by once, about 4 years ago. Pretty nice place, but I don't like how shes just sitting in the dirt, no blocks or nothing underneath. Kind of sad looking. But at least she survived the chopping block I guess. I just wonder what the bottom of her hull looks like? I'm going to try and make it back up that way this summer, I don't go to Tulsa quite as much as I used to. Hopefully she looks better than the picture they have on their website, looks like she needs a paint job!
Socialmisfit is offline   Reply With Quote