View Single Post
Old 10-10-11, 02:52 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Had a sleepless night tonight, and thus continued to test and experiment, and did some reading on the web.

On the DX10 option it needs to be said,m that this is no final implementation, but something like a preview mode, unfinished. It thus may look nicier and some people even report slightly higher frames (not all), but it also casues several grapohical artifacts, like external lights shining thorugh the views and airframe when looking out of the cockpit window, default textures in the ground shining through where they shoiuld be covered by scenery textures (streuck me with some German Airport sceneries, immediately gone when deactivating DX10), and more.

Shadows in Flightsims I always deactivate and minimise, they always are a hog on frames, with relatively little visual value, since on most opportunities they would not play a role anyway (hehehe, SBP until today ships without any shadows at all...) But they can hit the system even when not being close to the ground.

Texyture resolution, well, addon scneries often demand a minimum setting here. This recommendation should be followed.

Same is true for the various graphics settings like traffic, scenery and autogen density. Addons often demand vertain settings here in order to show all individual objects included in the scenery.

I recommend to check the English feature list for that FluSi-Fix tool I linked too in th eother thread, it alters many entries in the config and solves internal issues of FS that are not mentioned here and that many people have never heared of. It is in principle nothing else but a more comfortable way to edit the config both for the sim itself or individual planes. It has worked reliably for me since FS2002.