View Single Post
Old 12-23-08, 02:16 PM   #76
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
Darkfish, I have read many threads about trying to make AI shoot fish, but have yet to see anyone actually explain in detail what they did. It's always hush hush BS.

Do tell. I've tried a few times, and sort of blogged it in the sh4 mods forum. I tried placing air-dropped fish on boats. I made a "plane" that pointed at a ship model, even.

I'd be interested in seeing the tack others have taken in the hopes some lateral thinking might make it work (unlikely, but you never know).
well first i made a torpedo spawn by adding a WaterInteraction controller to the shell, but all torpedoes fired this way headed straight north.

Then I attached a torpedo model to the shell, with the shell having an UnderWaterFloatingObject controller. When fired the shell didn't lose any height and the torpedo headed into the right direction. But for some reason it just disappeared after a seemingly random distance...
Of about 20 torpedoes fired at a target at a distance of 1500 m only one made it to the target (and exploded as it should).
DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote