Thread: [WIP] Realism mod
View Single Post
Old 11-03-17, 12:14 AM   #28
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Currently there seems to be little or no reason to use the "rig for silent running option"
Are we sure about this? I use this quite often during a game. If I just came off a speed run to close range with a distant target, I'll drop to steerage and go silent to hopefully drop me off his sonar if he got a tag on me.

Or if I know I have a quiet boat in close, like a diesel boat and I can't get him on sonar, and I want to try and make it as hard for him as I can before we both end up going active, I'll go silent and drop to 3 or 4 kts and see if I can get him first.

I use it every time I'm coming off a torp evasion. After yankin' and bankin' at over 30kts for however long it took to beat the torp, I know that every enemy in the zip code has a lock on me. I'll change course, drop to steerage and go silent, hoping to clear datum from the last spot they had me.

So if silent running is modeled in the game and actually does help quiet the boat and make it tougher for the bad guys to track you, then I hope you guys decide to keep it in the mod doing what it's suppose to do. Thanks.

"CC"
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote