Thread: ZIGZAG
View Single Post
Old 05-31-20, 11:37 AM   #4
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

And for those that want a TL/DR: (you loose so much additional consideration by ignoring it)

A higher speed on a course that already does not contribute much to bearing drift will not help much more to separate the angle between approximated and actual 4th bearing. Turn to use your speed across the other side of the line of bearing.

P.s. Vantskruv

The position you take the bearings at isn't important to be on a line or at regular distances. So don't worry about the exact spacing or alignment of V1 and V2. You need to keep accurate times of taking bearings and where. (if they are unequal you can correct for them but makes the drawing more complicated.) BUT you DO want to mark your position when you take them. Moving on a steady course and using the odometer distance since a last fix/turn can help with that.

I do not understand the red check in section 2 of your description entirely. Checking a point against a length does not make mathematical sense. I think you mean the crossing of ABRG4 on your own track to point of BRG1? (which would require you can't turn between B1,B2,B3. A self imposed limitation, but not required for the method/drawing to work)