View Single Post
Old 06-20-17, 01:18 PM   #16
PL_Harpoon
Engineer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman764 View Post
There are improvements to be made there, for sure.

For one thing, I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect a sub to patrol the Denmark Strait, then head over to the Barents Sea and then down to southern Norway. I don't think the campaign takes into account the distances you need to travel.
Or I could be wrong and this could be totaly expected in war time for a nuke boat.

We also need a way to request an RTB for rearm and repairs.

I'd also like to be able to focus into an area of the map and get intel on known and projected movements. When to expect the next observation, etc. to help plot intercept courses or avoid ASW units.
As RAMJB said on Steam forums, treat it like the admiralty telling you what needs to be done. As a captain it's up to you to decide whether you want to engage target with limited stores or risk mission failure and refit.

One thing I'd like to see improved in campaign though is fixed number of enemy ships. I know the original RSR had them, because I remember that at the beginning of war I was fighting Sierras and Victor IIIs but then near the end I almost exclusively encountered low-end diesel subs.