Old 03-08-21, 12:00 PM   #10
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
I apologize, I didn't mean for my comment to come off the way it did. Is your mod compatible with FOTRS? That's one thing that's always irked me too. I read a lot of naval books, and how subs maneuvered on the surface so close to ships at night, and SH4 is a big disappointment in that area. Thanks!
To the FotRS teams credit (which there isn't a lot of them, as there 1st was.. as I understand it...) are still working on it, to get everything working in a cohesive manner. Which takes a lot of trial & error, Is sometimes they take 1 step forward, only to have some oddity drag them back 1, 2 or more steps.. that they then have to work on & see of figuring out just what is causing it. That takes even more time.

Is still some improvements that I would like to see, but.. having done coding back in the day (old school, but coding nonetheless) dinking about in files, is no mean feat or easy, for that matter. 1 slip up, misplacing a letter,, adding in a space where it shouldn't be.. or not placing 1... a left out period, or what ever other odd ball bit of code, can & will bollux things... from anything to a CTD to seeing weird end results like... a ship flying like superman across the seas... and that's just from what I recall with the old style coding...

propbeanie, did say that there were other stuff that they were wanting to include in FotRS & it could well be that 1 of them, is the issue as you brought it up as.. of not being able to close in & do night attacking. So, just because it isn't in there yet... doesn't mean it won't... it could well be on the plot board to be included.

As I understand it, FotRS is built on the bones & some framing bodywork, of TMO... (which 1 exactly, am not sure 100%, I believe iirc 1.7, I think... ) I know that some (if not quite a lot of mods) that were built around the use for TMO, did work with FotRS... though, what that percentage would be now... I think is down in the dumps. That's not to say that Bubbleheads mod wouldn't work with FotRS.

Best advice... before adding it in, make a back up copy of your FotRS save folder... & keep it safely tucked away.. then & only then, add into MODS Bubbleheads mod & activate... then test it out.

If it works fine without causing errors, CTD's, or weird flying saucers to appear wreaking havoc on the world... (sorry, Me weird sense of humor rearing its head... ) then you know it works... & can heave a sigh of relief...

If not, then can always shart can the save folder & then take your backup & drop it back in place. Of course, after deactivating & shart canning the mod...

Any way, hope this info helps...

M. M.