View Single Post
Old 02-26-21, 01:02 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
I find FOTRS to be pretty realistic in rain and night so far. What does yours do better?
I would not characterize it as better and certainly not in competition, this is a collaborative community. Simply, long TMO saved SH 4 for me (any many others) as I was bored with the ease of the AI and annoyed with various bugs, missing options, etc and since it's creator has been absent from the community for a long time and not supporting the mod, I decided to provide an upgrade. This long standing issue is one I have sought to fix.

I enjoy FOTRS and watch as it develops, and play it to check out things but my custom TMO install ( the basis of the upgrade) is stable, works fine, and even provides individual things that other mods do not, yet. However, while have played FOTRS and can pull off some night surface attacks, have not been able to move inside a convoy screen like this etc. Which is why I posted, it's something that has been missing. Especially on a "normal" night. Rain etc is one thing but typical night in the game, can pull off night surface attacks and from the ranges they typically did, not the 3500-5000 yards had to before. Other side, darker nights forces the player to get in close so can actually see their target. With the 3d TDC and Radar mod in TMO, radar only shots from long range are possible, I've done it a few times (think USS Jack in April 1944 against the Take Ichi Convoy) but not something can do every time.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote