View Single Post
Old 06-09-08, 10:14 PM   #32
kweigel
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default FINALLY - THE ANSWER to RUNNING SH ON XP

The answer is: don;t do it! I have tried eveything with NO success.

SO DON"T TRY IT. Here is what I did and it works perfectly.

I bought an old hard drive at the local PC Recycle. Cost me $10.00. It was a FAT32 system. (Be sure it is a FAT32 system, it will not work if it is NFTS) I then disconnected my primary HD, and connected it to the ribbon connector in the primary position. I then installed W98 on it, and I then installed SH.

SH installed with no problem and I played a number of games on it. It is still a GREAT GAME!

I disconnected the old hard drive from the primary position on the ribbon connector and re-connected it to the secondary position on the ribbon connector. I then re-connected my primary HD to the primary position onthe ribbon connector.

I then went into SETUP and "turned off" the secondary hard drive, so my computer will now boot from the primary HD. If I want to play SH, all I have to do is go into setup, and "turn off" the primary HD and boot from the "secondary" HD. I don't even have to open the case.

By the way, you can leave the secondary HD on, XP will recognize it as a secondary drive and you can save your important files to it.

After YEARS of trying to get SI to work under XP, I found this to be the solution.

I am sure Partition Magic would work too - I just did not have a copy, and it is far more expensive than the $10.00 I spent for this used HD.
kweigel is offline   Reply With Quote