View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 03:05 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Lets talk about grills

The sealing of my loggia is brpoken and leaked water reache sinto the appartment below me, so it will all be redone, and needed is a renovation right down to the concrete plate .

I will use the opportunity to rebuild the whole loggia/balcony area, and arm it with new ground plates of my choosen design.

And then I plan to fulfill a desire of mine that i hold since long: adding a BBQ grilling device.

I plan more for using cast iron pans, woks, or dutch ovens on it, not so much meat on a bare grill, though sometimes that might happen, too.

It must fulfill three conditions: it must burn both wood and charcoal, it must burn clean and cause as little soot and smell (neighbours) as possible, and it must be mobile. By mobile I mean not to carry it around in the wilderness, they all are too huge and also heavy for that, I mean that I can move it around in my place and store it away easily into a hidden corner of my loggia.

I currently consider two rocket ovens and one firebareel-type of device by German manufacturer Petromax.

1. The Ecozoom Versa (=versatility) burns both coal and wood (and dry grass, biomass), which makes it very attractive to me. But it does not create a wood gasification effect, which would reduce soot and smell, and the door for the wood feeding cannot be closed while there is wood in the way.I like this one.

2. The German Petromax oven specialsies in burnign wood, and creates a wood gasification effect by door and wall design. it burns cleaner and hotter than the ecozoom Versa. But it is suboptimal for using charcoal. I like this one also.

In German, but later there are the images talkign for themselves. This thing burns incredibly fuel-efficient and economic and reduces soot to minimums. In this regard it seems to be superior to the competition.:

3. The Petromax Atago is a firebarrel-kind of design, very practical, I just discovered it and immediately started to consider it as well. It seems to burn fuel very economically, not much coal is needed. Wood can be used as well for an open fire. Feeding the fire needs the grill taken off, or the pot taken off the top. The firts might prove to be difficult when hot, the latter can be done easily - just lift the kettle, pot by its grip. - The Atago is almost twice as expensive as any of the two rocket ovens. Still, I really like this one.

German talking, but the pictures talk for themselves:

Has anyone experiences with any of these, any tips? Any other suggestions for alternative devices? Or should I buy all three?

P.S.Pizza. My God.