View Single Post
Old 07-25-21, 02:40 PM   #7608
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The Covid vaccine is about keeping people out of hospitals and raising their chance of letting them escape a serious cause of the desease. The vaccines lower the risk of getting infected, but do not bring infections to nill. And nthat was cvlear and was said form all start on.
Not even close to that, regarding Delta.

But we have reports from the US, Canada, Germany, Ireland, the UK, France, Israel etc etc - those they see in hospitals currently, who are seriously ill, by totally overwhelming majority are unvaccinated people.

And then there are the deaths at hopsital. And what do we see there? Plenty of old people with seriosu comorbidities like adiposiutas, diabetes, cardiovascular desease.

But double-vaccinated younger people without serious comorbidities - are they dying in high scores anymore, do they overwhelm the hopsitals in numbers? No. Far from it. They are almost not there currently.

You want to mislead people there, 3catcircus.

The efficiency of vaccines can vary with age, and vaccines often are given in lower doses to older people to not trigger paradox vaccination symtpoms from their weakened (due to age) immune systems.

Flu vaccines are not 100% effective - far from it. Their efficiency, changing by season and age groups, vary form year to year, mostly are between 20-25%, and 45 to 50%. The flu vaccination campaigns do not erase flu nor do they prevent infections. They just push chances in favour of the vaccinated, sometimes more, sometimes less and they help to keep the scale of the seasonal flu "pandemic" at a lower level than without vaccination.

If its true what the yhave found on Delta, thats its intial virus load is 1200 times higher than with earlier variants of Covid-19, this explains why infection numbers are going up currently. We also know sinc eover one year that intiial virus load is a key factor deciding on the severity of the illness in the indoviodual. The vaccine help to b attle and bring down these loads from early on. I know no argument why this should not be helpful. It makes no sense to agitate against it.

Getting the vaccine alter chances in your favour. They make you less a risk for others, you will be less a factor that spreads the desease in case you got infected.

Herd immunity is a myth with Covid 19, still. It seems it cannot be acchieved with Covid-19.

I slowly give up my former belief - and hope - that the virus will just become endemic and will become toothless, more harmless, like a seasonal flu. In the light of its possible artificial origin, if that turns out to bbe true it means that it does not play by the usual rulebook for naturally formed virusses and how these interact with the environment and their host and over time become endemic. I think it is more likely to be set for becoming nastier. If I would be asked to guess a number for that, I would guess chances to be 60:40. Thats a guess. A guts feeling.

Seen this way, I see the current vaccines as a temporary but essentially necessary measure. Their usefulness probaly has limited longevity. Both new vaccines and better drugs for treating Covid-19 are needed. Our treatments still kill too much.

And then ther eis Long Covid, even in children not sufferign from severe symptoms during infection, even bei asymptomtic. Long Covid nevertheless can and does catch them, like adults.

Tuesday Noon I get my second shot. Then another 12-14 days until my possible maximum immunity effect should have formed up.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-25-21 at 02:49 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote