View Single Post
Old 05-27-20, 05:23 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Hi ETR3,
thanks to go through this long list, very appreciated. I have figured-out this SternTorpedoRoom thing and with the right changes in the dat I was finally able after hours to launch the game and all shows-up fine. I have now changed 4 tubes both FWD and AFT plus 10 reserves each amounting for 28 torpedos, I think I could even increase the reserves.

Very fine for all that, but now - as in modding usually goes - another (and probably final) problem comes up: My torpedos won't run straight to their target because The UZO's (TBT) degrees and Binocular degrees don't match in the 3D world, the ship is not correctly aligned for the optics, the UZO is wrong by approx 20° !!
I have made a separate topic in this mod section, my work goes on, but I can't find the reason for now. Fortunately it doesn't happen with all ships.

I plan to fit torpedos on these ships:

- USS Clemson (finished, 2x FWD tube, 12 fwd torpedos, aft torpedos not added because not realistic, it had 1 launcher only.)
- USS Fletcher (almost finished, 4x FWD tubes, 4x AFT tubes, 28 torpedos, but see problem above: torpedos fire but miss totally because of TDC problems)
- US DD Tribal (planed)
- USS New Mexico (planed)
- US BB Missouri (planed)
- GB HMS Kent (planed)

- Dedicated campaign planed

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-27-20 at 05:38 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote