View Single Post
Old 04-29-19, 09:13 PM   #206
The Kraken Wakes
Watch

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default specification for an idea from new guy

Hi RR,
just to say thanks for your support recently. I only joined and started playing SH4 about 5 weeks ago. So far, I have modded the boat and started writing my own missions and getting them to work.
I do have one dreamy sort of idea to discuss. Wouldn't it be great if there was a macro language we could use and write in the language ourselves that could dynamically throw more enemy units at us and change tactics or strategy depending on what the player unit did ? But I think we can get halfway there by modifying the mission.mis. We would set a trigger/event if he is doing well, to radio message the player to press a button on an applet after he had saved. The applet would go into the .mis, read off the player's position, and write in some really mean extra enemy units on a converging course. It could set traps too.
The ME is all very well but all the units have to be in there to begin with, whereas this applet would modify the mis dynamically after you save and before you reload. We wouldn't be able to know what to expect. We could write it in any language that can deal with a text file and produce a screen - VB, C sharp etc.
One thing I haven't figured out is how to distinguish landmasses.
Can I have some feedback on the idea, guys ?

T K W
The Kraken Wakes is offline   Reply With Quote