View Single Post
Old 05-21-10, 12:51 PM   #167
severniae
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcc65 View Post
The problem is that forums can be spammed, no matter the measure that moderators can take to do that, an IP or an account ban will not "resolve" the problem. Unfortunately, some of you didn't understood my statement behind those curses that I've made against the moderators. It is and it was always about the freedom of speech, about free thinking, about not being so sensitive when somebody is saying something you don't like or agree. And the title of this post meant: "people, don't do something in your pants when moderators are threatening you for one reason or another, show some vertical backbone and sustain your opinion regardless the results that may follow, don't be a controlled zombie like most of you are in your real life days, be free, at least here, in this community!"
They thought that I am a regular member that can be "shut down", not trying to disturb the "order" here. An order which in most of the cases is "ordered" by some individual, helped by his henchmen (maybe you've read or saw "Animal Farm"). Of course, all they can do is ban me again, and that only shows their lack of honor, trying to restrict my right to speak. OK, do it, but if you will do that, I can make another account, another IP, so this story may have no end.

Wake up, people, open your mind and make your own choices!
Funnily enough, I do make my own choices. I choose to obey the rules and remain a member of this good community! If you want one without rules, where there is no moderation, please feel free to start your own forum. Heck, I'll even join, just for laughs. The reason this community is the nice happy place that it is, is because the moderators (and Neal) keep things on track, let people vent when they need to (this thread is a goo example) and put a stopper on stuff that goes too far. I can't say that I've felt particularly censored of late, sure, things are done that annoy me at times, but I'd rather that than be part of a community that constantly troll the forums and berate one another.

In the words of Obi Wan Kenobi "You want to go home and re-think your life"