View Single Post
Old 04-19-08, 10:42 PM   #70
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggermcse
I've been messing around for awhile creating single missions. But I am not able to figure out how to spawn ships or groups using triggers and events. I'd like to have a group be spawned nearby when a specific ship is sunk but nothing seems to work.

Also, same type thing with how to spawn a randomly generated group.

Or is this only possible when working with a campaign?

Thanks to any who can teach me what I'm doing.....
This post is a bit old but in case you didn't get an answer, nothing will spawn within 20mn of your sub. That includes ships, convoys, task force, planes, Random Generated Groups. It is so things don't just pop up out of nowhere right in front of you. So make sure you are at least that far away.

To spawn a group when you sink a ship:

1. Create the group or ship and set it's entry date in the future (Remember to name it). Also remember to give it waypoints and speed otherwise it will just sit there or sail off in whatever direction it is facing.

2. Create a trigger for the ship destroyed "Unit destroyed" or "Class destroyed" give it a name that will make sense in case you add more triggers. Use those if it is a specific ship you need to destroy, but you can use tonnage if you just want the group to appear if you sink anything. For example if you sink a ship in a convoy and they radio for help, you can use tonnage and just put 1 ton. Then they will spawn whatever you sink. With "unit destroyed" or "class destroyed" it has to be a specific ship or class of ship. That's why you name your group so you will know which one it is if your mission has 20 groups in it.

3. Go to event and "Update Instance" using the name of your group that you created in step 1 (or it can be a single ship) in "Instance name" and check 'spawn". "Add Trigger" and select the trigger you created for the destroyed ship.

Now when you destroy the ship, as long as you are 20nm or more away, the group will spawn and start sailing in the direction of the waypoints you set up.

Hope this helped, I know the post is a couple months old so you may already have the answer.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote