View Single Post
Old 01-24-09, 01:21 PM   #224
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfiller
Folks - update on getting damage to actually impacty ships performance - I've managed to get engine damage to slow ship speed in proportion to the damage. Only trouble is my conclusions will prevent us from having different levels of engine redundancy from ship to ship. What I really mean by this is each ship we add must have identical numbers of engines configured. I got a really good rundown on how damage works from Observer over at sub sim cnetral forums.

The reason is that engine damage will only slow a ship if zones 21,55 & 29 are used. To make matters worse, the multiplier value has to be set in zones.cfg for zones 21 & 55. Seeing as we can only have one zone entry in zones.cfg for 21 & 55, wew can only have one multipler value. If we deviate form this, engine damage will result in only marginal reduction in speed.

Will provide full detail to Tom when he's online. I got a really good rundown on how damage works from Observer over at sub sim cnetral forums - worth a look if you want more info.
I see how that can be an issue. One question though; I don't know if Tom told you, but the shell damage needs to be changed. When a large shell hits a ship it causes a giant hole in the ship, this is NOT realistic! We need to change it to allow the same structural damage but yet make it so there is only a small hole in terms of visual damage. I will post pictures later.

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote