View Single Post
Old 09-07-21, 10:31 AM   #10
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Here in Denmark and in Sweden factories like Volvo has come to a standstill..lack of components.

In the Swedish news they said that now it's things like component, but shortages on Food could also be a reality.

Markus
I think that the entire world is currently balancing on the point of a dagger. Shortages, COVID restrictions (and lack of transparency from China, Ecohealth Alliance, and the NIAID leading to the very real possibility of this being a man-made pandemic), social unrest spurred on by social media, many more coups and brushfire wars than in the past...

It's all going to come to a head.

The question is - how? Considering that we are constantly seeing, very quietly and not highly publicized, a lot of advances in our basic science understanding about multiple varied areas, I hope that this would result in a new golden age for the entire planet. The realist in me, however, feels that we're more likely to destroy ourselves...

Shortages of basic resources can very likely be the match that lights off the whole thing... How many people in western democracies are able to grow their own food? Here in the US, we see how quickly society collapses every time there's is a natural disaster and electricity is lost for more than a day or two... There are currently "roof Arabs" killing looters in Louisiana after hurricane Ida passed through. In other western democracies that don't have a 2nd Amendment, I would be concerned that if resource shortages increase, that people might turn to lawlessness on a more routine basis.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote