View Single Post
Old 11-07-20, 08:19 PM   #442
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I don't imagine he'll be as gracious to Biden as Washington was to Adams at the first transfer of power: "I am fairly out and you are fairly in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I won't bash him I will just pray for our country to be healed and for the US Senate to stay strong against packing the Supreme Court
Thanks to everyone that chimed in I think it makes us a stronger forum
FDR tried to pack the court; so that plan won't
fly anytime soon; and, as George Washington also said: "the Senate(6 yr terms) is the saucer to cool the Congress's (2 yr terms)hot cuppa joe"-generally composed nice old fat white conservatives...mostly men!

The story of the "senatorial saucer" is based on a supposed breakfast meeting between Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. In 1872, Moncure Daniel Conway told the story as follows:

There is a tradition that Jefferson coming home from France, called Washington to account at the breakfast-table for having agreed to a second, and, as Jefferson thought, unnecessary legislative Chamber.

"Why," asked Washington, "did you just now pour that coffee into your saucer, before drinking?"

"To cool it," answered Jefferson, "my throat is not made of brass."

"Even so," rejoined Washington, "we pour our legislation into the senatorial saucer to cool it."1

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"