View Single Post
Old 04-19-17, 12:12 PM   #1
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0
Default Deleting old save files

After a 1 year break from SH5 I decided to do a fresh install of the game and of course mod the game with updated version of WOS 2.0 mod pack. I followed direction and was able to fire up the game and was off onto a new campaign on my U-Boat. After 3 hours into the game and several saves the game crashed and I said no big deal, I fired up my uplay and the game will not start and just crashes

I spent several hours trying to trouble shoot and I did some reading in the Subsim forum but still nothing. I decided to uninstall the game, JSGME, etc and start fresh again. Every time I reinstall the game it saves the old saved files which I boiled down to why my game crashes/doesn't start. I did some research and noticed that uplay cloud saves game saves so I disabled the cloud sync. I went into the documents>SH5>User files and deleted all SH5 files. I also deleted any files that I could find with any type of SH5 saves or files in my PC.

After looking through my PC (Which is only used for gaming so it has a minimal amount of game files) I decided to reinstall and of course I did the update for SH5. I noticed in the game menu that the I got a box that said "game is synchronizing data save"!

I opened up the load game menu from main menu and my old game save are still there that make the game crash

I really need some input and I apologize for the long post but SH5 is such a great game. Thank you in advance for any help.
BLACK_FLAME is offline   Reply With Quote